Sunday, 24 March 2013

Josué (Osteosarcoma) and Habi (Ovarian Burkitt's Lymphoma) finished treatment

In December (how can I be this late in posting??) Josué and Habi finished their chemo treatments. We celebrated with cake, their choice. They really did well and it is sad that they are no longer at the hospital, sad for us, good for them! :)

Habi was actually quite sad to leave us and didn't really want to go. I am thankful that despite their treatment, loads of shots and lumbar punctures that they come away knowing that they are loved and valued. In some ways, that is the best thing we can give them.

Our little party with Soumailla (Squamous cell skin cancer on his scalp) and Chaka (double amputee) and Jessica. Jessica and Kristen's office is the hang out spot for inpatient kids who are staying for long periods of time.


Josué at arrival
Finished with chemo, eating his celebratory cake :)


Josué being Josué. He was a silly kid. It definitely took time for him to warm up to me, but I think he did. He would joke with me all the time. :) I do think he came around. He is now back in his village walking on his prosthetic leg and doing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment